Golly, it’s been a while since I wrote one of these. Excuse me a minute while I miss New York, albeit not the freezing temperatures I experienced during my December visit there.
Currently Reigning Notes to Self
1. Don’t get cocky and silently dub yourself the Ninja of Surgery, simply because in the first nine hours after the procedure all you take are two normal-strength panadol. You’re probably going to wake up at 1:30am in a fair degree of pain, and then again at 3:30am in a lot degree of whimpering pain. Enter panadeine forte.
Apparently, the non-needing-of-the-panadol was less about me being Supremely Stoic Surgery Ninja and more about my extremeties being in shock. Fiddlesticks.
2. If you’re already feeling a bit naughty about ordering pasta from a pizza chain for post-surgery dinner, it isn’t going to help your sense of self-worth when the order confirmation number is HATE14817212.
3. Still, the pasta wasn’t terrible, and at least you had an entire bag of Coles Salted Popcorn, a yet-to-be-reviewed chocolate, and a bowl of peas to look forward to afterwards. And mango sorbet.
4. Upside to surgery: escaping from the house-sitting-from-hell abode to come back home for a few nights, and having your mum bring you PB&J sandwiches in bed for breakfast.
5. Seeing as you tried your darndest with a few of the new Dr. Who episodes, it’s okay to state (in the words of the wise Peggy Entwhistle) that David Tennant remains the only Timelord of your heart.